Pain Management Center NJ
Interventional pain management at our Spine & Pain Center
ACES Premier Orthopaedics and Pain Management has a special interventional pain management center, our Spine & Pain Center, located within our Bloomfield, NJ office. This is where our doctors treat patients suffering from chronic pain and a variety of musculoskeletal conditions such as spinal stenosis, herniated discs and spinal compression fractures with conservative, interventional pain management modalities.
We believe in taking the most conservative approach when it comes to treating spine and back pain. There are a number of procedures that are minimally invasive that we consider in our treatment plan. After an extensive consultation and exam, our spine surgeons will determine the best course of treatment for your specific condition. Our Spine & Pain Center offers:
- Spinal cord stimulation (relieves nerve pain)
- Ultrasound-guided joint injections – spinal corticosteroid injections to reduce painful swelling and irritation.
- Discogram (to evaluate back pain) – also called discography, this involves injecting a contrast material into a disc in the spine and taking an X-ray; the contrast material helps the disc appear more clearly on the film
- Pulsed radiofrequency
- Disc nucleoplasty and dekompressor discectomy (for decompression of lumbar herniated discs)
- Electro diagnostic evaluation (EMG)
- State of the art image guided treatments including epidural injections, joint injections and pain blocks
- PRP – Platelet rich plasma therapy
- Non-operative treatment of knee and shoulder
Depending on the patient’s needs and severity of the problem, our spine surgeons will move to surgical procedures to alleviate the pain and the problem if this is appropriate, so that you can go back to enjoying a pain-free life. All our procedures meet the highest medical standards.